Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why?

Perhaps it is worth a minute to discuss why I am even writing these things down. There is a practical side and an emotional side. As a practical matter, I have many notebooks full of roasting notes. It is incredibly cumbersome to go back and look for something, so I started looking for an electronic method to accomplish this. Furthermore, the coffee home roasting community may, in some small part, benefit from these notes, or at the least be amused. Since I am a bit of a tea aficionado as well, my intent is to mix some tea related notes in here as well. Finally, depending on my mood, I may have other miscellaneous musings to put down. That is the practical part. I must admit that this may be secondary to the emotional part. You see, I have an incredibly stressful life. From a job perspective, things are absolutely insane. At home, life is very busy with small children around. Combine that with a bit of a "life crisis" (note no "mid-" prefix), and I sat down to think about what I need to do. I am one of those people who express themselves best through the written word. I decided that I need to focus on a few things that I actually like doing such that I find some balance in my existence. Writing stuff down is one of those pleasurable things. Why not combine that with my main hobbies? Hence this blog. Honestly, I have no idea whether this will even continue very long. It may fall prey to lack of time, or even interest. For now, though, I'll forge ahead and see where this leads.

No comments: