Monday, September 22, 2008

El Salvador CoE#11 Santa Maria

Finally! After a September of barely passable coffee due to various experiments chronicled here, enough was enough. I decided to return to some tried and true roasting profiles to enjoy some excellent coffee. I am pleased to say things are back on track.

The first is this El Salvadorean coffee, the 11th place winner in this year's El Salvador Cup of Excellence program. You can read more about the farm and coffee here.

Here is the roast profile:


This is a very good coffee. In a way, it reminds me a bit of the Gesha varietal coffees in that there is an intense flowery aroma and a powerful sweetness to the cup. I get intense, clean red fruits in the taste; grapes, cherries, etc. Very lively acidity, as one would expect. This is a juicy and refreshing cup. The flavors were well developed with this roast profile.

I also re-roasted some Costa Rican coffee with this same profile, which I'll post on in a bit. After the detour around alternate roast profiles, it is good to be back on track.

No comments: