Thursday, September 25, 2008

Costa Rica CoE#20 El Patio

This roast was for pride.

Costa Rica El Patio was one of my favorite coffees from last year. I had bought 5 pounds of it last summer, and I was delighted with its delicate character. During the course of my September of Experiments Gone Awry, I had roasted some of this coffee and was appalled at how lousy it was. It was time to re-roast this again at my old profile to ensure I had my mojo back.

The profile:


Drinking it a couple of days later, I thought "this is the El Patio I know and love". It is a very changeable coffee as the cup cools. Tasted within a day or two of roasting, it is deep milk chocolate malt. It reminds me of a Nestle Crunch candy bar. Later it turns jammy and sweet, with apricot preserve notes. All this is quite delicate and lovely. Really a great cup.

It's good to be back.

No comments: