Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yemen Mokha Ismaili

This week we have something perfect for cooler fall weather. This is one of the best Yemeni coffees I have tried, and is unfortunately the last of it in my stash. This stuff is a bit of a pain to roast. The seeds are really tiny - easily 2X smaller than most coffees. The heat transfer to the beans is different, and there are no audible cues like you have for most coffees. It really is roasting "by the seat of your pants", with highly variable results. I'd like to be able to tell you the specifics of the roast level here, but honestly I have no clue. All I know that it is darn good coffee. Here is the profile:



This is a deep, syrupy coffee with incredible spice-bazaar aromas. I can't put my finger on specific tastes, though you can look through the review below to get some idea. It is a very complex coffee that is hard to pick out individual notes. Just relax and enjoy a fairly unusual and seriously rich cup o' joe.

No comments: